Help Desk Level 2
Help Desk Technicians are mainly responsible for providing technical support to all users across the organization. The candidate must be proactive and have the ability to show initiative and act independently to resolve problems, manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects/tasks to completion. The ideal candidate should also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Provide first-level contact and problem resolution for all users with hardware, software and applications problems. This includes troubleshooting laptops, desktops, printers, fax machines, operating systems (Windows XP/Windows), phones and basic networking problems.
- Responsible for setting up and configuring workstations, office productivity applications, phones, emails, distribution addresses, and printers.
- Provides responsive quality customer service and support at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining the inventory of all the hardware and software assets of the organization.
- Records all incidents while maintaining accountability and ownership until resolved.
- Reviews and develops department systems and procedures to ensure effective problem solving.
- Document commonly known trouble tickets and document resolution in the help desk knowledge base.
- Interact with software and hardware vendors to troubleshoot problems, setup exchanges, investigate new hardware or software solutions for the help desk.
- Train end users on the use of equipment and software.
- Assist special projects and perform additional assignments as needed.
- At least one year of help desk experience and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively multi-task among submitted help desk tickets and special tasks assigned.
- Intermediate knowledge in client operating systems including Windows XP and Windows 7.
- Intermediate knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft Office, active directory, and VoIP.
- Intermediate knowledge in computer hardware technologies.
- Certification in the following areas is highly desirable: A+, Network+, Security+, Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Associates Degree in a related computer area or equivalent years of experience.
- At least fifty percent of the goals assigned at the beginning of every year must be completed by the end of the year.
- Must be sure that all details of a repair are done and completed accurately. This is to make sure they fix problems the first time and do not create new problems.
- Can make most decisions and set tasks and goals without consulting a supervisor.
- Sometimes make decisions that affect others.
- Repeat the same physical and mental activities.
- Must meet daily, weekly, monthly, and annual deadlines.
- Required to travel across multiple locations including datacenters and remote offices if necessary.
- Must be able to work 8 to 12 hours in a day when required and at least 40 hours a week.
- Must be available to be on call at least once a month and monitor systems performance and availability
- This position requires often lifting of computers and other equipment including but not limited to printers, servers, networking devices, and others.
- Helpdesk technicians work in offices and computer rooms with low temperatures to preserve the lifetime of equipment.